©Topic: Pylori Helicobacter - Pylori Infection
Helicobacter pylorus is the most common bacterium responsible for causing stomach ulcers. Research shows that H. pylorus is present in 75% of the world’s population and that means 3 out of every 4 people are infected. Nearly 90% of people with stomach ulcer symptoms are infected with this bacterium, as are 50% of new patients with stomach cancer. Statistics show that the most commonly prescribed drug therapies for H Pylori Infection have failure rates of up to 70%.
For a long time, it was believed that ulcers were caused by excess acid in the stomach usually brought on by stress, but in 1979 J. Robin Warren discovered a spiral bacterium called Helicobacter pylori, which researchers now believe to be the real cause of ulcers.
H. pylori are able to survive the strong stomach acids by living in the protective lining and producing an enzyme, urease, which makes ammonia and neutralizes stomach acids. These bacteria are only present in inflamed tissues of the stomach.
In 1987, a young, healthy male volunteer swallowed H. pylori and began a three year battle with inflammation, infection, and ulcers, proving that H. pylori was a cause of ulcers. Studies have continued to show that nearly all ulcer patients have H. pylori bacteria.
In June of 1994, the International Agency for Research in Cancer announced that H. pylori bacteria was a very dangerous carcinogen. Studies with gastric cancer show that H. pylori could be the first step in the process of changes that lead to cancer.
Nature’s Sunshine spent two years on intensive research evaluating various herbs in order to create what is known as Gastro Health US /ULC-R. Canada. This product was specifically designed by Dr. Keller to destroy the H pylori bacterium which causes ulcers in the stomach lining. Her studies indicate that it is a powerful natural formula designed to alleviate acid reflux, indigestion, ulcers, and migraines and as studies show even assist in the stopping of cancer. Nature's Sunshine Products has been awarded a patent for Gastro Health in the US ( ULC-R Canada) by the U.S. Patent Office. The name of the patent is "Composition and Method for Treating and Preventing Helicobacter pylori-associated Stomach Gastritis, Ulcers and Cancer" - United States Patent No. 6,187,313 B1Back in 1994.
NSP set out to find an effective herbal combination to combat this nagging microbe and they did it with Gastro Health / ULC-R. One of the benefits of using ULC-R / Gastro Health is to reduce harmful organisms in the digestive tract that won’t destroy the friendly bacteria (probiotics) in the body that antibiotic treatments will.
Testimony: Lady with Discomfort in her stomach area. Upon examination by the doctor through a colonoscopy it was detected that there were bleeding ulcers. A medication was prescribed by the Dr. for this lady but the side effects of the drug did not make her feel good. Along This lady took ULC-R, 2 capsules twice a day with lots of water, 2 capsules of protease plus enzymes on an empty stomach in the morning, Chinese Mineral Chi Tonic and Chlorophyll. Chinese Mineral Chi Tonic which is essential for assisting the repair of all tissues. It is recommended that one take a minimum of 3 bottles of ULC-R and may need more depending on severity of the bacteria. However in regards to this lady, within 3 weeks the ulcers were completely healed and all symptoms disappeared. Diet no sugars, no grains, no dairy except for yogurt and keifer.
ULC-R in Canada contains five herbs that support healthy digestive function. The first three pau d’arco extract, clove powder extract and Inula racemosa create an unfavorable environment for invaders, while safely leaving friendly flora in the intestinal tract. It also contains deglycyrrhizinated licorice extract (DGLE), which can help support the stomach, and capsicum.
Pau d'arco, Clove Powder Extract and Inula racemosa help inhibit the activity of Helicobacter pylori bacteria, while safely leaving friendly bacteria uninhibited in the intestinal tract.
DGLE helps soothe stomach irritation and associated discomfort caused by Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
DGLE and Capsicum promote healing. Helps alleviate inflammation.
Unlike prescription or over-the-counter antacids, it does not cause unwanted side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, or possible liver damage. This ULC-R combination is a deglycrrhizinated licorice extract supplement which nutritionally supports the body in its fight against H. Pylori bacteria. The ingredient inula racemosa inhibits the bacteria, while deglycrrhizinated licorice soothes the stomach.
Helicobacter Pylori Infection: Causes and Symptoms
1. Contaminated food and water are major causes of this infection.
2. Can spread from one infected person to another via close contact and exposure to vomit and stools.
3. Causes mild inflammation in the mucosa lining of the stomach and duodenum, which in turn, reduces the ability to cope up with the acid secreted by the stomach.
4. Symptom include; digestive problems, abdominal pain, flatulence, gastritis and peptic ulcers.
5. In children, symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, blood in the vomit and stomach pain.
6. Stomach pain caused by H. pylori infection is worse on an empty stomach
H pylori could be contributing to your symptoms if you are suffering from any of the following;
1. Heartburn or Acid Reflux (GERD) whether these symptoms occur on a regular, or even infrequent basis, you may well be infected with H. pylori.
2. Diarrhea, Constipation, Flatulence or Bloating Because H. pylori interferes with acid in your stomach, you can't digest food properly.
3. Fatigue and Low Energy H pylori creates a non-stop stress on your body, making you feel tired. Added to the possibility that you are not digesting your food properly, your body is not getting the correct nourishment to maintain its proper energy levels.
4. Nauseous Many people feel nauseous when with H. pylori infections. Sometimes this can be mistaken for pregnancy morning sickness. In some cases, vomiting does occur.
5. Unplanned Weight and Muscle Loss Because H pylori affects acid levels - which affects the digestive process of fats and proteins - you may notice that you are losing weight. The problem is that this weight loss is due to muscle loss, which is a dangerous way to lose weight.
6. Difficulty Losing Weight This is a surprising symptom opposite to the above. The reason for this is that a hormone called cortisol is produced when your body is stressed. Cortisol is known to cause either weight loss or weight gain, depending on the person. Cortisol can promote weight gain around the stomach area, and at the same time can also cause muscle loss.
7. Hormonal Symptoms including Mood Swings & PMS These are usually caused by an over production of Cortisol caused by the stresses of the body trying to deal with infections.
8. Depression and Anxiety A very important mood chemical (called serotonin) is largely made in a healthy digestive system. Any damage to your stomach by an H. pylori infection will lead to a shortage of this important chemical.
9. Gum Disease, Bad Breath and other Oral Infections Although the H pylori bacteria lives mostly in the stomach and small intestines, it has also been found in the mouth, and even in dental cavities.
10. Blocked nose, painful sinuses, colds and infections. Most people are unaware that the sinuses are joined to the digestive system, and that any irritation to the digestive system can cause sinus problems.
11. Other less common symptoms may include tension or migraines headaches, clouded thinking, yeast infections or Candida, body chills, cramping, joint Mayo Clinic staff says: H. pylori bacteria can be passed from person to person through direct contact with saliva, vomit or fecal matter. H. pylori can also be spread through contaminated food or water. The infection is usually acquired during childhood.
The Suggested Natural Health Care PROGRAM for H. PYLORI BACTERIA
Nature’s Sunshine ULC-R Canada and Gastro Health in the US. Should be used for 3 months minimum but continued until all gas, bloating, and digestive discomfort is gone. If you still have symptoms, you still have H. Pylori!
You will need 3 bottles of ULC-R the first month and 2 bottles each month thereafter.
1. First Month: Follow the ULC-R / Gastro Health bottle directions for 3 bottles. It is best to take the bedtime dosage as a tea. Open the capsules into a cup of hot water and enjoy.
2. Second and third months (or more if symptoms continue): Drop the bedtime dosages of ULC-R /Gastro Health while continuing to take 2 capsules in the morning and 2 capsules in the evening.
3. In addition you will need;
a. Marshmallow and Pepsin – Assists in healing the stomach lining which is degraded by the H. Pylori bacteria. Take 2 capsules three times daily until 2 bottles are gone. You will need 2 bottles total.
b. Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice, 1 ounce twice daily -Use more if at any time it is needed for relief of pain. Do this for the first month of the program. One bottle needed
c. Stomach-Comfort - Aluminum-free antacid. Use as needed for stomach pain. If no pain, no need to get this product. Only one bottle needed.
d. Protein Digestive Enzymes is essential for hydrochloric acid. Use 2 capsules with each meal. PDA Helps digest proteins and assists absorption of nutrients.• Betain (hydrochloric acid) helps break down protein. Pepsin predigests protein in the acidic environment of the stomach.• Destroys harmful bacteria which may be ingested from food.• May relieve asthma, allergies, and food sensitivities. Ingredients: 20 mg of pepsin, a natural source of protein digestive enzyme, in a base of betaine hydrochloride (325 mg). Other Ingredients: Dicalcium phosphate, cellulose, 0stearic acid, magnesium stearate.
e. Probiotics 11 is a nutritional supplement that provides 11 different strains of healthy intestinal flora. Take 2 capsules AM and at bedtime (keep in refrigerator or freeze) This is best to use daily on going. Remember, any time you take antibiotics, you must repeat this program to prevent the regrowth of fungus, Candida Albicans
f. These important and beneficial bacteria found in Probiotics 11 are “friendly” microorganisms that naturally inhabit the intestinal tract, aiding digestion, improving the absorption of nutrients, enhancing immune function and protecting against harmful bacteria, viruses and fungi.
g. Silver Shield 1-2 tsp daily on empty stomach. . Silver kills bacteria, virus and fungus. Use if you can afford to add to your program as this will speed healing.
If you are following the suggested program, taking ULC-R or Gastro Health, it is essential that you avoid everyone else's saliva. It is best that your spouse do this program at the same time as it is likely he/she is also infected with the h. pylori bacteria. Use Tea Tree Oil in your laundry, you only needs a drop per load. NSP Tea Tree Oil is very powerful and pure. You also should spray Silver Shield on your toothbrush every time you use it or soak it in the Silver between uses to kill any bacteria growing on it.
• It is important NOT TO STOP this program until all bacteria has been killed. It takes a MINIMUM of three months to kill this type of bactera and can take up to six months. You will know it is dead when you can eat without any intestinal discomfort, gas, or bloating. PLEASE GET RETESTED BEFORE STOPPING THIS PROGRAM.
• DIET: NO Grains NO Sugar NO Legumes NO fruits except for Berry Family, NO sugar of any kind (feeds the bacteria), white flour (it turns to sugar in the body), caffeine (it kills friendly bacteria) dairy (only yogurt, buttermilk, Kefir, cottage cheese with no sugars added), no processed foods of any kind ever while on the program.
• Dr. Elliott Dacher "Health is something we do for ourselves, not something that is done to us; a journey rather than a destination; a dynamic, holistic, and purposeful way of living." Once you have installed a habit in yourself and in others you/they no longer have to use willpower as it just becomes a part of you and them. Ignite YOUR Health and the Health of Others. You are Born For More John 14:12 For a FREE GIFT of Health Consultation Email firstname.lastname@example.org
With Love and Gratitude to you all. DNM Kathy Deane Distributor NSP# 336247 For information on the products and to order visit www.kathydeane.mynsp.com